Getting the betaAs usual, there are two ways to obtain the latest beta:
- Select one of the release archives (.zip, .tar.gz) at https://github.com/synesissoftware/STLSoft-1.10/releases/tag/1.10.1-beta15; or
- Clone the repo https://github.com/synesissoftware/STLSoft-1.10 and checkout the beta-15 branch (as in "$ git checkout -b beta-10 origin/beta-15").
ChangesThe substantive changes are:
- added stlsoft::fast_strftime() and stlsoft::fast_wcsftime() as drop-in replacements for std::strftime() and std::wcsftime();
- added stlsoft::get_ptr() shim overload for std::shared_ptr and std::unique_ptr
- added stlsoft::get_top() attribute shim, which obtains the front/top element of a non-empty container;
- added stlsoft::basic_string_view<>::substr() method;
- added winstl_C_format_message_strerror_w();
- removed stlsoft::literal_cast<>;
- various portability improvements to newer compilers.
I'll describe these changes in a future blog post.